Elizabethton, Tennessee, is located near the Tri-Cities area near the Cherokee National Forest. Just outside of town on a major highway, Life Care Center of Elizabethton has easy access to all the city has to offer. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Carter County Tourism Association provides a list of attractions, events, hotels and restaurants in the Elizabethton area.
- The Elizabethton Covered Bridge is a one-lane bridge located in downtown Elizabethton spanning the Doe River.
- The Cherokee National Forest covers more than 650,000 acres of land and features more than 600 miles of walking trails, seven whitewater rivers, 30 campgrounds and three large lakes.
- The Holston Mountain Zone provides area for boating, water skiing, swimming, fishing and equestrian riding, as well as the Blue Hole waterfall.
- Roan Mountain State Park covers more than 2,000 acres and includes space for camping, fishing, hiking and biking.